Beverage Market Buzz: August 2019
Some of the recent deals we’ve seen in the beverage market reflect fundamental changes and offer valuable lessons about where things are moving.
Download the full report
As we move into the month of August, we thought it would be worthwhile to take a moment to reflect on a few of the most intriguing beverage developments we’ve witnessed over the past month:
I Got You Babe – ABI Acquires Remaining Stake of Swish (Babe Wines)
- - Is non-beer the path to growth for big beer?
- - New strategies/packages/formulations/mindsets are needed to reach young consumers.
- - Babe is a red alert for the wine industry…
- - … as lines continue to blur between all alcohol categories.
From IPO to M&A – ABI Has Many Deleveraging Levers to Pull
- - ABI’s decision to pull back from the Asia IPO and then announce the sale of CUB highlights the great optionality that comes with a global empire.
- - We think the CUB announcement sheds new light on the value/risk of the SAB deal – and that achieving scale through M&A in beer is as attractive as ever.
Jollibee Steps Onto the World Coffee Stage With Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Acquisition
- - Significant global investment is driving consolidation in the coffee shop landscape…
- - … as well as a convergence between quick-service retail and coffee shops.
- - This is part of an out-of-home coffee revolution taking place from China to Brazil to the US.
Where to go from here
Stephen RannekleivGlobal Strategist – Beverages Read more
Maria CastroviejoSenior Analyst - Beverages Read more
Hayden HigginsSenior Analyst - Horticulture, Wine Read more
Andrés PadillaSenior Analyst - Beverages, Dairy, F&A Supply Chains Read more
Sudip SinhaSenior Analyst - Beverages Read more
Francois SonnevilleSenior Analyst - Beverages Read more
Jim WatsonSenior Analyst - Beverages Read more
Guilherme MoryaAnalyst - Beverages Read more
Bourcard NesinAnalyst – Beverages Read more
Stacie WanAnalyst – Supply Chains and Beverages