Brazilian G&O Monthly Update – March 2022
Our latest report for Brazilian G&O, detailing farmgate prices, amounts sold, exports, and crush margins for corn & soybeans, as well as regional weather developments.
Download the full report
• Brazilian farmgate soybean prices in March are up 4.2% MOM. On a yearly basis, prices are 19% greater than March 2021. Despite appreciation of the BRL, prices were stronger due to increasing CBOT futures and higher premium levels.
• Brazilian farmgate corn prices in March are up 3% versus the previous month. The recent rally in CBOT corn futures put prices 22% above March 2021 levels.
• Brazilian soybean exports reached 6.3m metric tons in February 2022 – 3.6m metric tons above February 2021. An early harvest allowed record soybean exports this year.
• Brazilian corn exports reached 0.7m metric tons in February 2022, only 8% below February 2021.
• An early soybean harvest allowed Brazilian farmers to plant the majority of the safrinha corn crop during the ideal planting window. Rainfall has favored good development of the safrinha corn crop.
Where to go from here
Marcela MariniSenior Analyst – Grains & Oilseeds Read more