Brazilian G&O Monthly Update – October 2021
Our latest report for Brazilian G&O, detailing farmgate prices, amounts sold, exports, and crush margins for corn & soybeans, as well as regional weather developments.
Download the full report
• Brazilian soybean farmgate prices in October are down 0.5% MOM, although on a yearly basis, they show a 14% gain.
• Brazilian corn farmgate prices in October are nearly unchanged compared to the previous month, though 43% higher than a year ago.
• Brazilian corn exports reached 2.9m metric tons in September 2021, 3.6m metric tons below September 2020. Low corn availability continues to limit exports.
• Brazilian soy exports decreased in September 2021, to 4.8m metric tons. Total accumulated numbers were 7.0m metric tons below 2020 levels.
• Soybean planting in Mato Grosso is advancing and has reached 45%, 37 percentage points above last year’s levels and 18 percentage points above the five-year average.
Where to go from here
Marcela MariniSenior Analyst – Grains & Oilseeds Read more