Brazilian G&O Monthly Update – January 2020
Our latest progress report for Brazilian G&O, detailing farmgate prices, amounts sold, exports and crush margins for corn & soybeans, as well as regional weather developments.
Download the full report
- Brazilian corn farmgate price up 5% MOM and up 44% YOY.
- Brazilian soybean exports reached 74m mt in 2019, a volume that is 11% lower than previous year. Soybean export revenues (USD) fell by 21% versus 2018 to USD 26bn.
- Brazilian corn exports reached 43.3m mt in 2019, a record high volume (up 88% YOY). Corn export revenues (USD) increased from USD 4bn in 2018 to USD 7.4bn in 2019.
- Soybean crop conditions based on the weather evaluation for the 2019/20 season are slightly better than in the 2018/19 season, supporting an outlook of a small increase in yields.
- The return of rainfall in the first half of January 2020, improved soil moisture conditions, providing relief from a drought period faced in December 2019 in some producing regions in the Northeast (Matopiba agricultural frontier) and South (mainly in the Rio Grande do Sul state).
Where to go from here
Victor IkedaSenior Analyst - Grains & Oilseeds Read more