Privacy and cookies
The Rabobank Group’s guiding principle and main objective is to serve the interest of its customers. We are committed to providing them with added value and one of the ways we accomplish this aim is by offering the highest quality financial services tailored to each customer’s individual needs. Based on integrity and mutual respect.
Integrity and respect are central to all our operations
- The Rabobank Group is bound by the 2001 Personal Data Protection Act and subscribes to the ‘Gedragscode Verwerking Persoonsgegevens Financiële Instellingen’ (Code of Conduct for the Processing of Personal Data by Financial Institutions), which was developed by the Netherlands Bankers’ Association and the Dutch Association of Insurers. This Code of Conduct sets out in full the statutory protection of customers’ personal data. You can request a copy of the Code from the division of the Rabobank Group with which you do business or download a copy from this website.
- The Rabobank Group uses the personal data you provide in order to advise you as best as possible on its products and services. Your personal data are available to all divisions of the Rabobank Group, in order to ensure that the advice or service we provide matches your needs as much as possible. The internal and statutory regulations related to the exchange of personal data apply in full throughout this process. We also use this information to prevent, detect and control fraud and money laundering. If you do not wish to receive any information about our products and services, please inform the division of the Rabobank Group with which you do business.
- The Rabobank Group processes your personal data with the utmost care, using only the data we need to provide the best possible services. Insofar as this does not arise by operation of law or as part of the obligations we have undertaken towards you, we will not provide any personal data to third parties without your permission.
- When dealing with insurance requests, certain divisions of the Rabobank Group also process personal medical data. This is conducted under supervision of medical advisers, who evaluate requests related to the approval and payment of life insurance, occupational disability insurance and related financial services. By virtue of their duty of confidentiality, medical advisers are bound to secrecy and may not disclose your medical information to third parties.
- You have the option of viewing your personal data and may make corrections if necessary. You may request an overview of your data by writing to the division of the Rabobank Group with which you do business.
This Privacy Statement applies primarily to the following Rabobank Group divisions:
- Cooperative local Rabobanks and their subsidiaries, including estate agencies and insurance brokers
- Rabobank Nederland, including Rabobank International and Rabo Securities
- De Lage Landen International B.V.
- Rabo Vastgoedgroep
- Rabohypotheekbank N.V.
- Rabo Groen Bank B.V.
- Robeco Group N.V.
- Schretlen & Co N.V.
- Obvion N.V.
- FGH Bank N.V.
- Rabo Mobiel B.V.
- Orbay B.V.
Privacy in the job application process
This website allows you to apply to vacant positions at the Rabobank Group. The Rabobank Group subscribes to the ‘NVP Sollicitatiecode’ (NVP Recruitment Code) issued by the Dutch Association for Personnel Management and Organisational Development (NVP). This Code contains basic rules that the Association believes labour organisations must observe in their recruitment and selection processes. As a job applicant, you are entitled to the following rights:
- a fair chance of being offered the position
- confidential treatment of your personal data
- an efficient job application process
- access to a dispute settlement procedure
Cookies for management information
The Rabobank Group collects and analyses specific data related to website traffic, including frequency of visits, browser type, IP address, pages viewed, previous websites visited and the amount of time users spend on the website during each session. These data are used to improve the technical accuracy of the various internet pages and to better adapt this website to user needs and requirements.
If your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to use Rabobank’s secure internet services.
The Rabobank Group does not collect any personal information through this website other than that provided by you personally.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites linked on this website.
Amendment of the Privacy Statement
The Rabobank Group reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement. We recommend that you consult the statement on a regular basis in order to keep informed of these changes.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that we place on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit our website. Information on your website visit is recorded in these cookies. This text file will then be consulted the next time you visit the website with the same device so that we can recognise you.
Safe and confidential
The information stored in the cookies will be used only by this website. Your information will obviously not be shared with third parties without your permission.
Some cookies are necessary in order to identify you as a customer. These cookies enable you to use the website’s functions such as streaming market rates.
Cookies for greater ease of use
- To be able to inform you about our services and products in a better and more personal manner;
- To make analyses for research;
- To improve the website;
- For security purposes;
- To manage our relationship with you as a visitor.
Change your cookie settings
You may deactivate the cookies in the settings of your browser software. For deactivating cookies refer to the manual of your browser.